Sunday, November 2, 2008

Finally!

Asher got into medical school! (Yeah, he was surprised.)
For those of you who don't know, we applied last year
to about 7 schools, and after 4 interviews, ultimately
got rejected by them all.
This year, Asher went to two interviews and received
acceptances from them both. The schools were our
top choices, so we were happy to be able to cancel
the other interviews and save a lot of money.
So, we'll be moving to North Chicago sometime next
summer where Asher will be attending Rosalind Franklin
University. At least that's the plan.
Ашер поступил в медицинский!
(Да, он очень был удивлен, как видно на фотографии :))
Для тех из вас, кто не знал, мы подавали заявление в
7 университетов в прошлом году и после листа ожидания
мы получили отказы. В этом году Ашера приняли в
2 университета. Так что, этим летом мы будем переезжать в
Чикаго, где Ашер будет учиться в унверситете
Розалинд Франклин. По крайней мере, это то, что мы планируем.

8 comments:

Kendra said...

Amazing! I am so excited for you! I love Chicago! My sister lived there for three years and she absolutely loved it there. Ell, congrats ans I hope to see you soon. We are all well. Hope you are too! I will call you tomorrow! :)

Kristin said...

Yeah!! Congrats Alla! That is so exciting. I hear Chicago is great, I bet you guys will have a good time.

Page said...

Yayyyy!!! See, one year of waiting was nothing, right? Now you're just one year older and wiser. Congrats, Asher!

missy. said...

congratulations asher! that's great news. when do you think you'll be moving? we're generally in chicago a couple of times a year to visit joe's family, so we'll be able see you guys from time to time!

drb42 said...

Congratulations! I think that is so great!!!! Chicago, that is definetly different from Utah!

Angelfish said...

Congratulations Asher! That is so great! I happy for you guys! But sad that we won't be as close anymore :(

jkribbit said...

Congratulations Asher!!! That is so exciting for you guys! I am so sad that you will be moving away from us, though :( When do you leave for Russia? Will you be there for Thanksgiving? I hope you have a great trip - say Hi to your parents for me, Alla. And give Pavil a kiss for me! His Halloween costume was so cute!

Shannon said...

Hooray for you guys! What great news! We have to get together again soon. Your little one is getting so big!
Also, do you have an e-mail or something for your mom? She is SUCH a sweetheart and left me a message for my birthday yesterday! I couldn't believe it. My OWN mom didn't even call! Tell her thanks and I love and miss you both!